Are you a beginner skater and would like some tips on how to get started? Take a lesson!
Andrea, aka Andi Struction, has been dabbling in skating her whole life. Starting as a figure skater, then a roller rink rat (I miss you, Lloyds!), then an inline skater, she finally found her way back to roller skates in 2007 when she helped found the Terminal City Rollergirls in Vancouver. After stints as a jammer, blocker, board member, team captain, and coach, she retired from competition in 2013. The skating never stopped, though, and she is now coaching beginner skaters, and training in jam skating and bowl skating. Andi is a Certified Level 1 skating instructor with the Skate Instructors Association, and has her Level 1 First Aid certification.
Andi teaches currently teaches Beginner Learn-to-Skate lessons with Rolla Skate Club. Get in touch with them for more info.
Looking for kids’ lessons? Get in touch with Lana at Roller Dance Owl in Richmond, BC. She teaches kids’ to skate in a fun, low pressure atmosphere.
Yes, you CAN play roller derby! All the Lower Mainland teams are actively recruiting, and will help you get started, no matter what level you’re at.
- Vancouver – Terminal City Roller Girls (Women’s)
- Vancouver Junior Roller Derby (8-16 yrs co-ed)
- Vancouver Murder (Men’s Roller Derby)
- Cloverdale – Mainland Misfits (Women’s)
- Maple Ridge – Ridge Meadows Rumble Bees (Women’s)
- Chilliwack – NWO Rollergirls (Women’s)
- Chilliwack – NWO Junior Roller Derby (Co-ed)